Friday, January 22, 2010

I’ve literally been writing my entire life. The writing bug bit me when I was six years old. One evening before Thanksgiving, my mother handed me some brown wrapping paper and a green crayon to shut me up for a while. I penned a story about a Thanksgiving turkey who escapes becoming dinner, and now, here I am still writing as I cater to the voices in my head. It wasn’t until I was seventeen that I started submitting material to professional markets. During my senior year of high school, I had to write a short story based on a black-and-white photo. The teacher, Mrs. Greene, read it to the class and urged me to submit it somewhere. I did, submitting it to Ladies Home Journal, only to get a rejection. However, the editor who declined the story took the time to write a nice, handwritten letter, encouraging me to keep writing. And so I have.
Now, represented by an amazing agent, I’m still churning out multi-genre tales, but focusing on paranormal fiction. Ideas come to me out of the clear blue sky, and, as if someone opens a lid on my skull and dumps everything in to it, all the characters, their personalities, the plots, subplots, settings-everything!-come to me completely intact. I’m told I’m odd because so many writers struggle to put their stories together, but to me, I’m simultaneously blessed and cursed. It’s wonderful to be able to create like I do, but on the flip side, my brain and all its fictional denizens often keep me awake at night.
Anything and everything inspires me. I write because I must, because if I don’t, the characters nag me until I do. Writing is my soul, my life.
Step into my fictional worlds and allow me to weave some magic into romance.
~*~*~*~*~
Faith Bicknell-Brown’s work has appeared in a wide range of genres such as: Would That It Were, Touch MagazineGC Magazine, Ohio Writer Magazine (non-fiction), Waxing and Waning (Canada), and The Istanbul Literature Review (Turkey) just to name a few. She was a regular contributor to Gent under her pseudonym, Molly Diamond. She has also had fiction published in Hustler’s Busty Beauties, Penthouse Variations, Twenty 1 Lashes, and has become a regular contributor to Ruthie’s Club. In addition, Faith has several e-books and some print titles published under Zinnia Hope and J. Emberglass.

For two years, Faith served as the co-editor of The Tenacity Times. In October 2001, she took the position of romance and horror editor for Wild Child Publishing and served as the managing editor for Wild Child as well as its sister division, Freya’s Bower.
She is represented by TriadaUS Literary Agency (www.triadaus.com).
Faith Bicknell-Brown/Zinna Hope Newsletter
Six Dream Weavers, my group shared with 5 other authors
Faith Bicknell-Brown/Zinnia Hope Myspace
My Facebook & my Twitter
Avoid Writer’s Hell Group

0 comments:


Ever wonder about your favorite authors? Well, here are some tidbits.

About Me

Ramsey's Book Reviews